Naturally, I borrowed this from a fellow blogger sarah loves makeup because I am a total lipstick nut! I couldnt have found a more perfect post that excites me a little bit TOO much! Here goes nothing
1. Favorite balm/treatment – My current favorite treatment would have to be Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm. This brand is one of my current obsessions. I started with one of their moisturizers for my super dry skin and I knew I had to have more of their products. It has a cooling effect on the lips but without any of that tingling or burning and it really does keep them fresh and revitalized, even with all the matte lipstick I use! It comes in a squeeze tube as opposed to a balm which makes the product go a little faster, but even so I prefer the squeeze tube.
2. Favorite Eye-Catching Red – Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Very Cherry. Come to think of it, this was one of my very first red lipsticks. When I first started out with makeup I wasn’t too into lipstick, but once I started wearing this shade I realized just exactly how much lipstick can brighten up your entire face. This color is the perfect red for me. It starts more red and as time goes on turns a slight hot pink/reddish stain. No need to break the bank to find your perfect red!
3. Best Luxury – All of my NARS Satin Lip Pencils! As any avid reader may have noticed, I love them and hoard them any chance I get! They are the absolute top of the line in lip products as far as i’m concerned and i’m only waiting for NARS to release more colors!
4. Best Drugstore – I honestly think there are a lot of great drugstore lipsticks out there. Depending on who you ask, many people have their preference and have probably been that way for years. For me, it will always be Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick. They glide on creamy, come in all different beautiful shades, and once in a while they come around with some kick ass limited edition packaging that I can never resist! I also must give a shout out to my beloved Rimmel London, even though I am not currently on a Rimmel Kick they will always bring back fond memories and I highly recommend any of their Lipsticks as well!
5. Best Mac Lipstick – Sushi Kiss hands down! If you asked me this a few months ago, I probably would have plead the 5th because I love and covet so many mac lipsticks in all different colors and textures. I had been on the hunt for the perfect bright fun and peachy color and I found all that and more. I love the texture, the color, the staying power, everything about this color is just perfect!
6. Most Disappointing – Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars! I know I already knocked them in my last post on my most disappointing products so I hope their CEO doesn’t end up at my door later. This product looks so beautiful on all the models (They only use Drag Queens as their models which I love because they all look freakin fierce) but it just isn’t what I thought it would be. It applies wet and doesn’t dry the way I expected it to. It kind of just sinks into my lips and then cracks and peels off and way too much product comes out of the tube when you apply it. I think you’re supposed to apply it in conjunction with a clear top coat they sell, but for an extra 18 bucks i’l have to pass. Factor the mini lip brush in there, and you have yourself one big mess of lip tar.
7. Liner? – I haven’t been using much lip liner lately, but Mac will always be my go to. Mac Spice Lip Liner will always be a classic and I really don’t think you can go wrong with it. Everyone should have a nude/brownish lip liner in their makeup case and for some reason Spice seems to work on mostly every person I’ve seen it on.
8. Best Gloss – Meh, I really hate lip gloss. I’m going to bend the rules on this one a little bit and go for Sephora lip stain since it technically comes in a gloss like bottle and has a gloss like wand! These stains are awesome. They stay on your lips through everything and every one ive tried comes out gorgeous on the lips. They are not drying or flaky and if i’m not having a lipstick day (that hardly ever happens) it’s nice to have a Sephora lip stain on hand that I know can get the job done.
9. Something Extra – Cant have a full post on lips without giving two more shoutouts to products I love! Mac Sheen Supreme lipsticks are absolutely awesome and totally underrated! The Mac Moody Blooms collection is coming out on June 26th and they have 5 new sheen supremes that sound AWESOME being released with the collection. Also, Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain is a true winner in my book. Sometimes I will put them under my lipsticks if I know I wont be able to touch up for a long period of time because they provide long lasting color almost all day. They truly do stain your lips, and the color Romantic literally does look like you were just locking lips for the past hour! Throw a little blush on and you have the perfect post-rendezvous look!